How we Built our Brand, with the Founders of Gbemi
We often talk about the road to building a successful brand as not being easy, and whilst it often isn’t, it is doable and the journey can be relatable.
Join us for an intimate talk with Antonia and Alice, the founders of womenswear brand Gbemi, as we learn about their journey of starting their brand in the pandemic, and the lessons that they’ve gained along the way to becoming stocked by ASOS.
At the end of the session, we’ll have an opportunity to network amongst other members of the FMR mentee community including your scaleUP peers.
Who are our guest professionals?
Alice Oluyitan & Antonia Omisesan are sisters and Co Founders of Gbemi, a womenswear brand they launched in 2021 for “the confident girlies who want to stand out, be seen and turn heads.”
Alice has worked in the fashion industry for over 10 years, designing and developing for brands who include Lacoste, Matthew Williamson and Fiorucci.
The extensive knowledge gained over this period has provided Alice with a deep understanding of the fashion market and a keen eye for detail.
After struggling to find vibrant colours and bold prints that truly reflected her confident, main character energy, Alice launched Gbemi in 2021 with her big sis, Antonia.
Antonia who has worked in HR and Recruitment for over 15 years, has always had a passion for creativity and a drive for innovation.
Joining forces with her sister Alice to launch Gbemi, marked an exciting new chapter, enabling them to combine their unique skill sets and shared vision to disrupt the fashion industry.
The sisters are just getting started and have their sights set on taking Gbemi global.
What is the format?
The first part of our event will be reserved for members of our sixth mentoring cohort to meet and grab an introductory drink.
We’ll then welcome other members of our community to join us for the talk which will be moderated by our founder, Daniel Peters.
The event will also provide you with a great opportunity to network amongst the other attendees, as you never know when you might find someone who you share a similar passion with!
6:45pm Guest arrival and registration
7pm Panel begins
7:40pm Audience questions
7:50pm Guest networking
9pm Event close
How to secure your place?
As with all of our events at FMR, the session is aimed at a diverse pool of talent, in particular, those who come from underrepresented communities. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Identify as being from a lower socio economic background OR
- Have received free school meals OR
- Identify as being from a marginalised community i.e. ethnic minority, LGBTQ+, have a disability etc
Please book your place by following the link below.
Things to know
- This event is intended for people aged 18+ and you will be required to provide proof of age should we request it upon your arrival
- Please note that this workshop will take place at a venue which is not owned or managed by Minority Report Ltd, and should you have any accessibility needs or any other special requirements to attend the workshop, please contact us at email@example.com, and we will happily discuss any reasonable adjustments with you
- Attendees will be provided with complimentary refreshments during the event